Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Knitted cape








Capes,ponchos, a much loved item this season. From designer pieces to high-street fashion, you can find them in any colour, style or material to fit one's taste.
I got mine many years back in Zara. At the time, I was only starting to have an interest in fashion and I dreamt about owning this piece.
Today, I am glad to have such a cozy - somewhat timeless, piece in my closet! This being said, I did forget about my cape for a couple of years whilst it was gathering some closet dust. There was a point where I even considered selling it, whereas now I am glad I didn't.
Why are capes and ponchos so handy? Very simple: when you don't feel like wearing a winter jacket or a coat, you can just leave the house with a big knit and throw the poncho/cape over your shoulders. And voilà, ready to go!

Lately, I've been hiding under baggy clothes due to some weight gain. I no longer feel comfortable showing off my "curves" or my body shape. I will target this subject in an other post where I will share with you why this weight gain happened and how I am hoping&working on loosing a few kilos before the summer returns.

This is an outfit I can wear for a stroll through the city as well as for going to Uni. A pair of ripped jeans, a turtle neck sweater some boots and my beloved cape.
Wishing you a great week! xx


Cape: Zara (similar here)
Jeans: Zara (similar here)
Top: H&M
Shoes: Zara (similar here)
Bag: Céline

No comments:

Post a Comment